Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My 2nd "Last Day" at PCC

For the last ten weeks I've been filling in for a gal on maternity leave. I worked at Pregnancy Crisis Center/WISH from April 2006 up until I had Emmalyn late 2010, and it's been so fun to come back for a bit! :)
{These beauties were on my desk this morning... I love you Sharree Moore!}
These ten weeks have gone by fast, and it's because the PCC has the best group of people working here.  Seriously, I'm not exaggerating!  I'm so incredibly blessed to be a part of the PCC family :)

Who else is able to stop everything they're doing at work to have a quick prayer time with co-workers for someone?  I just did that yesterday.  Where else are you going to find an Executive Director that cleans the toilets too? The PCC was short about $30,000 for the 2012 budget. Due to the economy, funds have greatly decreased. The Board of Directors took this to prayer and did everything in their power to avoid staff cuts, so one of the things they decided could be eliminated was the cleaning service. Now, all 15 staff members have a weekly cleaning duty . I know the ED isn't here for the money and I'm pretty sure no one else is either (oh, the joys of ministry).  It is because their heart is to see people in their community restored and healed emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

A piece of my heart is forever stuck here at the PCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment