Saturday, April 21, 2012

Emma Creek

Today was a first:  "Ran" a 5K while pushing a stroller.  I use "ran" lightly because my jog is similar to most people's brisk walk. :)  This was my first "road race" since the kiddo was born, and I'm still alive to tell about it.  Success.  I had no idea how fast I would be (especially since it's always so different than treadmill time), so I pulled a number out of the air and had a goal of 37 minutes.  12 minute miles aren't anything to write home about, but everyone's gotta start somewhere...  According to my time, I got in right around 39 minutes (12.5 min/mi).  Now at least I have someplace to go with goals. :)

Emma Creek Classic is a female only walk/run in Hesston, KS.  This was my second time to be involved, and during the run, I was reminded why I love it.  Almost every single participant is so SO nice.  Even when you are passing someone, they cheer you on... Unless you're my friend Ginger, who apparently was trying to pass a not-nice person.  Boo.  Other than that, it's great fun. :)

Afterwards, Emmalyn and I found a spot to munch our her post-race fruit. ;)

Dear Hesston Community - As much as I love your quaint little town, next year please don't fill the air with allergens right before the race.  I don't know how, but I could swear that's what you did.  ;)  Been blowing my nose off ever since I got home! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment