Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Nitty Gritty on Chris and Ginny (well it kind of rhymes :)

I (Ginny) figured that since this blog is titled "The Story of Us", it might be fun for a little "Get to know the Shields".
My friend, Sarah, did this a while ago, and I think it's fun to read about other married couples :) And if you don't, might as well just close this page on up ;)

♥ What are your middle names? Lee & Elizabeth
♥ How long have you been together? since July '04
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? long story... We met in HS, but went our separate ways (since he wasn't interested :) Met up again in '04 and started dating in oh, about 2 weeks :)
♥ Who asked who out? he initiated the first date
♥ How old are each of you? almost 27 and almost 25 (him and I respectively)
♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most? probably mine
♥ Do you have any children together? not yet
♥ What about pets? 2 dogs
♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? I don't think one takes precedence over another... life is hard, and a good foundational marriage takes work :)
♥ Did you go to the same school? No, he went to South, I was homeschooled.
♥ Are you from the same home town? Yes (which makes holidays a lot easier... or harder ;)
♥ Who is the smartest? He has more street smarts, and random facts smart (I'm still waiting for him to win us a million dollars on some game show), I'd say I'm more book smart.
♥ Who is the most sensitive? Depends. Sometimes I cry at the drop of the hat, but I also tell him to suck it up sometimes :)
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? Hmm... we like to try different local joints.
♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Does a cruise count? If so, the Carribean.
♥ Who has the worst temper? I don't think we really have bad tempers...
♥ Who does the cooking? Mostly Ginny, but he is king of the grill, and he'll randomly cook us up something if I'm working late
♥ Who is more social? Him :) I'd probably be a hermit curled up with a book and my dog if I didn't marry him
♥Who is the neat freak? GINNY!
♥ Who is the more stubborn? GINNY!
♥ Who hogs the bed? the bed is too big to hog, but Chris hogs the covers in his sleep.
♥ Who wakes up earlier? Chris
♥ Where was your first date? Starbucks, then sat down by the river and talked all night
♥ Who has the bigger family? Ginny
♥ Do you get flowers often? No (Chris doesn't either ;)
♥ How do you spend the holidays? dividing up time between the families (my least favorite thing about being married)
♥ Who is more jealous? Ginny; Chris is so laid back I'm suprised he doesn't fall over backwards.
♥ How long did it take to get serious? not too long :) Ginny knew within the first few dates that we were gonna get married, took Chris a little bit longer, but not much. Got engaged November '05.
♥ Who does/ did the laundry? Mostly Ginny, but Chris is always willing to help if I ask.
♥ Who’s better with the computer? Chris is better with the Mac, Ginny is on a PC at work all day
♥ Who drives when you are together? Chris (I submit to his, uh, questionable driving because I refuse to be one of those women who chaperones her man... It's a submission thing for me). Once in a blue moon, Chris just doesn't feel like driving, but mostly he does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment