Monday, July 2, 2012

S.O.S.!

In my efforts to stop being an 80 year old lady, I'm asking for help to make a fun "Summer Music" playlist.  And I need your help!! 

So far, thanks to my sis-in-law and The Color Run this weekend, I have downloaded Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe", and "Good Time".  And I do already have Fun's "Some Nights" and "We Are Young".

I was talking to the hubs on our way back from KC this weekend and I kind of figured out the issue.  Last week I started to listen to one of the radio stations that he listens to, and a song I really like came on, but they put this awful techno beat to it! Like they do to every stinking song!!  Nails on a chalkboard to me, people.  And that's why I never listen to anything but Christian or Country on the radio.  But then I miss out on fun songs (that the radio stations don't ruin with stupid re-mixes).

SO!  What are fun, upbeat songs that you blast during the summer?? Thank you in advance for helping me break out of my old lady shell.

Sincerely,
Ginny

 PS - I will not, however, give up my old lady sweaters.  The end.

Happy Summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I don't know how much help I'm gonna me "current" music: I just went through my "recently downloaded" playlist and it's AAAALLLL Zumba music. LOL I'm assuming that's not what you want. ;)

    I do know what you mean about the techno beat remixes. And I even like dance mix music now, because of Zumba, but it's inexcusable when they butcher the entire song. For example, I fell in love with Ellie Goulding when we were in New Zealand and her song "Lights" has just been released here in the States, but on the radio they play a remix that is utterly unrecognizable. It makes me boil with anger to hear it!

    If you don't have them already, songs by Colbie Caillat & Michael Franti are very Summery. :) Also, you might not have anything by Guy Sebastian...love his songs "Magic," "Like it Like That," & "Art of Love" w/ Jordin Sparks. And I know you like country music, so you might like The Secret Sisters. Their album is sorta old fashioned bluegrass. It makes me happy. :)

    Good Summer songs in general:
    "Something In The Water" by Brooke Fraser
    "Jack Kerouac" by Brooke Fraser ("Betty" is a fun song too. You really can't go wrong with Brooke Fraser! *hehe* )
    "Shark In The Water" by V.V. Brown
    "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
    "Paradise" & "Life Is Rosy" & "Bring Me The Sunshine" by Jess Penner
    "Off We Go" by Trent Dabbs
    "Horchata" & "Holiday" & "Run" by Vampire Weekend. Something about them just sounds like Summer to me.
    "Sweeter Than This" by Katie Herzig
    "The Piano Song" by Meiko
    "Like Water" by Ladi6
    "Hey, Hey" by The Elms
    "What I Wouldn't Do" & "Blow Away" by A Fine Frenzy (OMG - if you're not familiar with A Fine Frenzy - DOWNLOAD IT ALL! I LOOOOOOVE HER!)
    "Thinking 'Bout Something" by Hanson (Yes Hanson. Grown up Hanson is actually pretty awesome.

    And...that's just off the top of my head. (Not really, I was scrolling playlists that whole time. Maybe I was more help than I expected. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!! I knew I could count on you! :)

      Delete